Franking the mail with a franking machine is a common way of working. But how does it work exactly? Is this way of working still effective?
- You rent or buy a franking machine through a certified dealer.
- Depending on the estimated volume of mail, you charge the weekly postage credit online.
- When you want to frank your mail, indicate the type of mail: domestic and foreign, parcels or registered mail.
- The franking machine determines the weight of the shipment and the correct rate so you don’t have to look it up yourself.
- You always frank with the date of the day you send.
- You deliver your stamped mail to your mail distributor or have it collected.
Consumption data overview
Thanks to a franking machine, it is easier to keep track of your consumption data. You will receive a monthly overview with the numbers and types of postage. This allows you to switch and adjust faster where necessary.
EasyPost versus Franking machine
A franking machine is already a first step towards more efficient mail handling, but there is much room for improvement. When you entrust your outgoing mail to EasyPost, you not only benefit from stamp discounts, but also from operational and financial optimisation:
- You don’t have to frank your mail anymore, just make it ready for pick-up.
- Your outgoing mail will be picked up daily by EasyPost at the agreed time.
- EasyPost gives extra discount on the stamp according to your annual volume
- In addition, EasyPost does not charge any processing costs
- You no longer have to worry about the maintenance or the ink of the franking machine.
- There is no longer any need for pre-financing. You will receive a monthly invoice
- Invoicing provides a detailed overview of your daily shipments
- On request, EasyPost can also provide an overview per cost centre in order to simplify the internal re-invoicing process.
Curious about what EasyPost can do for your company? Schedule a casual meeting to go over the various benefits. Through a thorough evaluation of your current situation, we examine how we can optimise your mail flows.